Thorpe Acre 2000: Constitution
As adopted on the tenth day of August 1998; and amended 13th June 2000
The name of the body shall be Thorpe Acre 2000 herein after referred to as "the Group".
Subject to the matters set out below the Group and its property shall be administered and managed in accordance with this constitution by the members of the Executive Committee constituted by clause of this Constitution ("the Executive Committee"). Its area of interest shall be the Thorpe Acre village area of Loughborough, being an area bounded by the Black brook, Epinal Way, the M1 motorway, and the Burleigh Way, hereafter refered to as the "Thorpe Acre area"
The Objects of the Group are:
- To develop, promote and maintain projects to commemorating the Millennium in the Thorpe Acre area.
- To protect, maintain, improve the Thorpe Are Trail and to further provide for its delevelopment.
- To protect and improve the environment of the Thorpe Acre area generally.
In furtherance of the objects but not otherwise the Executive Committee may exercise the following powers:
- power to raise funds and to invite and receive contributions provided that in raising funds the Executive Committee shall not undertake any substantial permanent trading activities and shall conform to any relevant requirements of the law;
- power to buy, take on lease or in exchange any property necessary for the achievement of the objects and to maintain and equip it for use;
- power to subject to any consents required by law to sell, lease or dispose of all or any part of the property of the Group;
- power subject to any consents required by law to borrow money and to change all or part of the property of the Group with repayment of the money so borrowed;
- power to co-operate with other charities, voluntary bodies and statutory authorities operating in furtherance of the objectives or of similar charitable purposes and to exchange information and advice with them.
- Power to do all such other lawful things as are necessary for the acheivement of the objects.
Membership of the Group will be open to:
a) all residents of Thorpe Acre and surrounding area over the age of 18 years interested in furthering the objects and who has applied for membership to the Secretary.
b) representatives of local organisations, including schools, churches and community bodies
c) residents from outside the area may be co-opted as full members at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Membership is obtained by completing a membership form available from the Secretary and an open register of members shall be held.
Every member shall have one vote.
The Executive Committee may, by unanimous vote and for good reason terminate the membership of any individual: provided that the individual concerned shall have the right to be heard by the Executive Committee, accompanied by a friend, before the final decision is made.
At the Annual General Meeting of the Group the members shall elect from amongst themselves a chair, two vice-chairs, a secretary and a treasurer, who shall hold office from the conclusion of that meeting.
The Executive Committee shall consist of 5 members being the honorary officers above.
All members shall retire from office together at the end of the annual general meeting next after the date on which they came into office but they may be re-elected or re-appointed. The Executive Committee shall hold at least four ordinary meetings each year. There shall be a quorum of three members of the Executive Committee
All funds of the Group, including all donations contributions and bequests, shall be paid into an account operated by the Executive Committee in the name of the Group at such bank or building society as the Executive Committee shall decided from time to time.
Funds of the group shall be used for the sole purpose of projects of the Group. Financial affairs shall be conducted by the Treasurer who shall report to each meeting.
The Treasurer shall keep accounting records for the Group and prepare annual statements.
Annual accounts shall be audited by an independent auditor appointed by the Group.
Annual General Meeting
There shall be an Annual General Meeting held in the month of May each year or as soon as practicable thereafter.
[Thorpe Acre 2000]
[Walking and Health]
Last updated June 2000